Do you eat cucumbers? If yes, then you should be here !
Cucumber is a fruit not vegetable. They contain seeds and grow from the ovaries of flowering plants, filled with valuable minerals for a healthy living.
How to spot a healthy cucumber
In the market or in a grocery shop, pick a firm, dark green cucumber and pop it into your basket, good you have set yourself for a better treat at home.
Health benefits of eating Cucumber:
There are impressive health benefits that a cucumber carries, let’s check it out:
- Keeps you hydrated: If you are too busy to drink enough water, munch on the cool cucumber, which is 96 percent water. It will cheerfully compensate!
- Fights heat: Both inside and out. Eat cucumber, and your body gets relief from heartburn. Apply cucumber on your skin, and you get relief from itchy skin.
- Flushes out toxins: All that water in cucumber acts as a virtual broom, sweeping waste products out of your system. With regular use, cucumber is known to dissolve kidney stones.
- Nourishes with vitamins: A B and C, which boost immunity, give you energy and keep you radiant. Give it more power by juicing cucumber with carrot and spinach. Supplies skin-friendly minerals: magnesium, potassium, silicon. That’s why cucumber-based treatments are popular in spas.
- Aids in weight loss: Cucumbers could potentially help you lose weight in a few different ways. They are low in calories. This means that you can eat plenty of cucumbers without packing on the extra calories that lead to weight gain. Cucumbers can add freshness and flavor to salads, sandwiches and side dishes and may also be used as a replacement for higher calorie alternatives.
Enjoy cucumbers in your salads and stews.
Remember, a cucumber a day saves lives !